On September 20, 2021, the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) published a final rule modifying its antidumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) regulations to improve administration and enforcement. The modifications include changes to regulations including:
- Submission time for comments in AD/CVD proceedings;
- New shipper reviews;
- Importer reimbursement certifications; and
- Scope matters.
The modifications also include the additions of new regulations addressing:
- Circumvention of AD/CVD orders;
- Covered merchandise referrals from U.S. Customs and Border Protection; and
- Certification requests from interested parties.
Some of the outlined provisions are effective October 20, 2021, and the others are effective November 4, 2021. The breakdown can be found in the Federal Register Notice here: