On March 14, 2023, in several Cargo Systems Messaging Service messages, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued guidance on the second quarter (Q2) 2023 steel and aluminum quotas. The Quota Bulletins outline the quantity thresholds for each quota for the period from April 1, 2023, through June 30, 2023. All entries submitted prior to 8:30 am ET on April 3, 2023, which is the first business day in the quota period, will be counted in the first opening at 8:30 am ET.
The quotas included in this guidance are the following:
- Absolute Quota for steel mill articles from Argentina, Brazil, and South Korea;
- Tariff Rate Quota for steel mill articles from the European Union;
- Tariff Rate Quota for steel mill articles from Japan and the United Kingdom;
- Absolute Quota for aluminum from Argentina; and
- Tariff Rate Quota for aluminum from the United Kingdom and the European Union.
CSMS #55487805 can be found here:
CSMS #55489043 can be found here:
CSMS #55489130 can be found here:
The Quota Bulletins can be found here:
The weekly quota commodity status reports can be found here: