On November 15, 2021, in a Federal Register Notice (FRN), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued significant new use rules (SNURs) under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) for five chemicals. This would require notifying the EPA at least 90 days before beginning any manufacturing or processing for the SNUR.
The affected chemicals are:
- 2-[2-(methylcarboxymonocyclic)amino)ethoxy]alcohol (generic);
- Formaldehyde, polymer with alkyl aryl ketone (generic);
- Propanedioic acid, 1,3-dihexyl ester;
- Propanedioic acid, 1,3-dicyclohexyl ester; and
- Propanedioic acid, 2,2-bis(hydroxymethyl)-, 1,3-dicyclohexyl ester.
The rule will be effective on January 14, 2022.
Details on applicability and processing requirements can be found in the FRN: