On May 1, 2020, Manuel Garza, Director, Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) – U.S. Customs and Border Protection, gave an update on the CTPAT program in the COVID-19 pandemic. Director Garza indicated that during this time CTPAT are “still providing critical daily services for our CTPAT partners, internal and external stakeholders, regarding the importation and exportation of merchandise”. This includes:
- Participating in Customs Port status briefings;
- Exploring options to ensure continuity and security in the validation process;
- Establishing a process to allow for suspension and removal appeals via email;
- Transitioning the new security portal; and
- Loading data into the portal for trade compliance partners.
CTPAT also reiterated some helpful hints for CTPAT partners. These hints, as well as contact information for the CTPAT field offices and help desk for the portal can be found within Director Garza’s message found here: