U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is pursuing “The 21st Century Customs Framework” initiative, in order to modernize CBP operations.
CBP held a public meeting on March 1, 2019 to discuss the six themes of the framework:
- Emerging roles in the global supply chain – How can CBP hold responsible all parties in a supply chain?
- Intelligent enforcement – How can CBP better utilize technology, data, and predictive analytics?
- Cutting-edge technology – Which technologies should CBP explore?
- Data access and sharing – How can CBP make data sharing more efficient?
- 21st century trade processes – Which trade processes are overly burdensome or outdated?
- Self-funded customs infrastructure – What else should CBP pursue for enhancements?
The CBP press release may be found here:
The public meeting transcript may be found here: