U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has posted a notice to its website, announcing the October 2019 Customs Broker License Examination. CBP states that the exam will be held on Thursday, October 17, 2019, at various locations throughout the United States.
The exam, which will last 4.5 hours, consists of 80 multiple-choice questions, and requires a score of 75 percent in order to receive a passing grade. This exam will be administered in an electronic format.
The notice states that applicants should bring the below referenced materials to the October 2019 examination:
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (2018 or 2019 Basic Edition);
- Title 19, Code of Federal Regulations (2018, Revised as of April 1, 2018 Parts 1 to END);
- Instructions for Preparation of CBP Form 7501 (July 24, 2012);
- Right to Make Entry Directive 3530-002A;
- Business Rules and Process Document (Trade – External) Ace Entry Summary (Version 9.75).
Guidelines to register for the exam are posted on CBP's website. Registrations open on August 19, 2019 and close on September 17, 2019.
The CBP announcement may be viewed online at: