On April 8, 2021, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) issued a final rule adding seven Chinese “supercomputing” entities to the BIS Entity List for “acting contrary to the national security or foreign policy interests of the United States.”
The organizations added to the Entity List are:
- Tianjin Phytium Information Technology;
- Shanghai High-Performance Integrated Circuit Design Center;
- Sunway Microelectronics;
- National Supercomputing Center Jinan;
- National Supercomputing Center Shenzhen;
- National Supercomputing Center Wuxi; and
- National Supercomputing Center Zhengzhou.
The final rule further states that BIS has imposed license requirements for all items subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) involving these seven entities.
Additional details on this final rule can be found in the Federal Register Notice here: