U.S. Southwestern Border
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is experiencing a surge in migrant crossings along the U.S. Southwestern Border, and has redirected up to 750 officers to support the border patrols. Currently, there is heightened security at the bridges, longer wait times for crossings (commercial and non-commercial), and an increase in Customs exams. CBP has released a statement.
The following ports are reporting:
- El Paso: Over a seven hour wait;
- Laredo: Up to a three to eight hour wait;
- McAllen: Up to a three to six hour wait;
- Nogales: No abnormal delays seen;
- San Diego: No abnormal delays seen;