U.S. Southern Border
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is experiencing a surge in migrant crossings along the U.S. Southern Border, and has redirected up to 750 officers to support the border patrols. Currently, there is heightened security at the bridges, longer wait times for crossings (commercial and non-commercial), and an increase in Customs exams. CBP has released a statement.
The following ports are reporting:
- El Paso: Up to a four to five hour wait;
- Laredo: Over a five hour wait;
- McAllen: Over a ten to eleven hour wait;
- Nogales: No abnormal delays reported;
- San Diego: Up to a six to eight hour wait;
Additionally, the Bridge of the Americas in El Paso will remain closed on Saturdays; however, the other two main crossings will continue with regular operations.