Forty new industrial action notifications have been received from the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) against Patrick terminal in Melbourne with strikes occurring every Monday, Wednesday and Friday as of October and action across all other days of the month.
In addition there are work bans and stoppages as announced at Patrick terminals in Sydney, Fremantle and Brisbane including a stoppage of work in Sydney for 48 hours from 10pm on Saturday 2nd October.
Patrick advise they expect the following impact:
Patrick Terminals - Sydney
- Delays are forecast to extend to up to 2 days with the 24-hour stoppages across the first weekend in October
Patrick Terminals - Brisbane
- The terminal is currently experiencing low-level impact from industrial action
Patrick Terminals - Fremantle
- The terminal continues to be impacted by industrial action resulting in some extended port stays for vessels.
Patrick Terminals - Melbourne
- Melbourne terminal will be impacted by significant delays due to industrial action.
- We are attempting to support other stevedores and their customers in Melbourne that are facing restricted operations due to COVID-19 outbreaks however industrial action has severely impacted our capacity.
Click here for a complete list of all notifications planned from Patrick terminals.
Contact your local Expeditors representative for more information and operational assistance.