On June 4, 2019, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) published in a Federal Register Notice (FRN), another list of product exclusions related to the first list of Section 301 tariffs on goods of Chinese origin.
The list covers 88 specially prepared product descriptions and one 10-digit subheading, 8537.10.8000. Product descriptions listed include, but are not limited to:
- Non-aircraft gas turbines and other parts;
- Certain types of pumps, including oil well and centrifugal pumps;
- Ice making machines;
- Solar water heaters;
- Electric self-propelled fork-lifts and platform trucks;
- Certain conveyer belt parts;
- Speed-drive controllers for electric motors;
- Certain printed circuit assemblies for telecommunications.
The exclusions are retroactive to July 6, 2018.
The FRN may be found here: