On August 2, 2019, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) issued a pre-publication notice for product exclusions from the Section 301 tariffs on the third list of $200 billion worth of products of Chinese origin.
The list covers 10 “specially prepared product descriptions” and includes:
- Container units of plastics;
- Injection molded polypropylene plastic caps or lids;
- Kayak paddles;
- High tenacity polyester yarn;
- Nonwovens described in statistical reporting number 5603.92.0090;
- Pet cages of steel;
- Carts that are not mechanically propelled;
- Truck trailer skirt brackets;
- Inflatable boats, other than kayaks and canoes;
- Inflatable kayaks and canoes.
The exclusions will apply retroactively to September 24, 2018.
The pre-publication notice may be found here: