On September 20, 2019, the Government of Mexico published modifications to the tariff schedule in order to create and modify descriptions and import duty rates on 478 tariff numbers from Chapters 72, 73, and 76.
The published updates include:
- Creation of 82 tariffs: 80 in Chapter 73 and 2 in Chapter 76;
- Modification of the import duty rates on 24 classifications from Chapter 72;
- Modification of the import duty rates and descriptions on 24 classifications from Chapter 72 and 1 from Chapter 73;
- Modification of 228 tariffs, 168 from Chapter 72 and 60 from Chapter 73, to gradually decrease the import duty rates through August 22, 2024;
- Addition of 74 tariffs and modification of 24 tariffs of Annex II of the Decree for the Promotion of the Manfacturing, Maquila and Export Service Industry (IMMEX Decree);
- Modification of the import duties for 45 classifications from 13 different sectors of the Program of Sectoral Promotion (PROSEC program).
The modifications took effect on September 22, 2019.
The publication can be found here: