The Customs Declaration Service will be replacing the CHIEF system on October 1st - Are you prepared?
All Import Customs declarations in the United Kingdom must be moved to the Customs Declaration Service by this date.
CDS is intended to replace the 25-year-old CHIEF (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight) system.
The last Import declaration using CHIEF will be on September 30th before the system is switched off.
HMRC has created the below videos to guide you through the initial setup process to begin the transition from CHIEF to CDS:
- How to subscribe to the Customs Declaration Service
- How to set up a Direct Debit instruction on the Customs Declaration Service (one signature)
- How to set up a Direct Debit instruction on the Customer Declaration Service (multiple signatures)
- How to set up a standing authority on the Customs Declaration Service (one signature)
- How to use the secure file upload service on the Customs Declaration Service
For more information, take a look at our CDS Guidance document or contact your local Expeditors Customs representative to learn more.