U.S. Southwestern Border
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is experiencing a surge in migrant crossings along the U.S. Southwestern Border, and has redirected up to 750 officers to support the border patrols. Currently, there is heightened security at the bridges, longer wait times for crossings (commercial and non-commercial), and an increase in Customs exams. CBP has released a statement.
The following ports are reporting:
- El Paso: Over an eight hour wait;
- Laredo: Up to a five hour wait;
- McAllen: Up to a three to five hour wait;
- Nogales: Up to a two hour wait;
- San Diego: Up to a two to three hour wait