On the evening of March 27th, the Shanghai City Government announced a 2-phase closed-loop management of the city, consisting mainly of new rounds of citywide nucleic acid screening in response to the increasing COVID-19 cases.
The phases are as follows:
Phase 1 – From March 28th 05:00 AM to April 1st 05:00 AM: Closed-loop management in Shanghai East & South area (where Shanghai Pudong International airport, seaports, and warehouse facilities are located).
Phase 2 – From April 1st 03:00 AM to April 5th 03:00 AM: Closed-loop management in Shanghai West area.
- People are required to work from home during the closed-loop management phases, manpower is in shortage and warehousing operations have become severely affected.
- Factories in Pudong district are closed during phase 1, and factories in Puxi district will be closed during phase 2. Factories outside Shanghai cities are open but have different restrictions for Shanghai plate trucks and Shanghai drivers. These closures and restrictions are pushing factories to cancel and/or postpone bookings.
- The Port and Airport are open and functional for cargo that is already inside the port or airport. The capability for factories to deliver the containers to the ports is limited due to trucking restrictions. LCL trucking is almost suspended, while FCL trucking requires a green code (with EIR and 48h NAT report) to pick up and gate in containers.
- There is no trucking capabilities to bring new cargo into the Airport, cargo must be diverted to surrounding airports for uplift or be delayed until operations are open again
- Temp Control Terminal Warehouse in SHA at/near full capacity. PACTL terminal has suspended acceptance of inbound TC shipments as terminal warehouse is full. EAL terminal announced that all inbound TC cargoes requires pre-approval (72 hours before COB).
- Customs remain operational, however on-site inspection service could be delayed.
Contact your local Expeditors representative for more information and operational assistance.