Those persons, cities, and countries feeling the impact of the coronavirus outbreak are in our thoughts and we wish for a quick solution and an end to the associated suffering.
We continue to follow the coronavirus outbreak in China and the resulting interruptions to supply chains and transportation closely. The situation is fluid. The government and states have extended the Lunar New Year holiday, and the transmission of the virus continues to spread. As a result, there are many factors that could contribute to this dynamic situation.
- Did businesses order enough product to get them through the extended holiday?
- What will be the availability of labor upon the reopening of factories?
- Will there be a shortage of people operating trucks, airlines, steamship lines, airports, ports, etc.?
- What will be the level of demand once factories reopen?
- Will manufacturers have all components available to produce products?
- What will be the impact to belly capacity due to passenger flight cancellations?
- How will global exports into China be impacted? Similarly, can China import necessary goods into the country?
- Do businesses need to consider a mode shift from ocean to air?
While these factors continue to evolve, we have solutions to support business continuity in order to minimize disruptions for our customers.
Our global network:
Our transportation service provider portfolio:
A key advantage of being a non-asset based logistics provider is that we have strategic partnerships with top air, ocean, and ground transportation providers. This wide carrier service provider portfolio offers flexibility, access to capacity, service reliability, and multiple service options depending on your needs.
We have the following airline solutions in place in support of your supply chain:
- Expeditors Premium Capacity supports urgent orders (with specific weight limitations)
- Secured block space and part charter capacity at all major airports
- Availability of full charter capacity as needed
If an ocean solution is what your business needs, we offer:
- Premium FCL solutions offering transit times faster than traditional services for moving cargo from Chinese based ports to most global locations
- LCL Express services from multiple Asian origins to global destinations with quicker transport than standard LCL service
- Expedited destination solutions, including cross dock, transload, deconsolidation, and expedited delivery services
Our account management and local customer service representatives are available to tailor a plan based on the specific needs of your business. Contact us today.