On June 1, 2018, the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (“GACC”) will amend its advance cargo information requirements for imports and exports according to GACC Announcement No. 56.
The notice requires additional data elements to be communicated related to Inbound and Outbound Transportation by Air and Sea. The purpose of this announcement per the GACC is to “enhance the control over inbound/outbound vessels, aircrafts and the goods thereon by means of data declaration….”
Some of the additional data elements required are:
- Consignor Contact Number
- Consignor Specific Contact Name
- Consignor Enterprise Registration Code or Unified Social Credit Code
- Consignee Contact Number
- Consignee Specific Contact Name
- Consignee Enterprise Registration Code or Unified Social Credit Code
- Notifier Contact Number (if consignee is TO ORDER)
- Notifier Specific Contact Name (if consignee is TO ORDER)
- Notifier Registration Code or Unified Social Credit Code (if consignee is TO ORDER)
- Complete and accurate brief description of goods
Manifest data must be transmitted to the GACC prior to arrival or departure within the timeframes prescribed per mode of transportation.
The notice may be found here in Chinese:
An English translation may be found here: