On May 6, 2019, the government of Argentina published in the Official Gazette Decree 332/19, which provides at a rate of 2.5%, the Statistical Rate applicable to the final import entries for consumption except for certain capital assets.
The amount of the Statistical Rate may not exceed the maximum amounts according to the following table:
- Value less than USD 10,000 – A maximum rate of USD 150;
- Value between USD 10,000 and USD 100,000 - A maximum rate of USD 2,500;
- Value between USD 100,000 and USD 1,000,000 - A maximum rate of USD 25,000;
- Value between USD 1,000,000 and 5,000,000 – A maximum rate of USD 125,000;
- Value more than USD 5,000,000 – A maximum rate of USD 125,000.
Previously, the maximum amount applicable was USD 500.
Decree 332/19 may be found here: https://www.boletinoficial.gob.ar/detalleAviso/primera/206856/20190506